Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The quick pink lamb fell ...


adjVerbNoun
Originally uploaded by Bill Kerr.
Last week I was screaming at my computer.

My new challenge went more smoothly. I can report being ecstatic and joyfully exclaiming saying, "yes, yes, yes, yes ..." once or twice.

Starting with the basic sentence structure:
"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog",
I wanted the user to be able to input a variety of adjectives, nouns and verbs and then by pressing a button create new sentences such as:
"The quick pink lamb fell over the indolent horse"

I even managed to colour code the adjectives, nouns and verbs by constructing a sentence array which dragged in parts of speech from the adjective, noun and verb arrays. I have published the file at my website. You'll need Game Maker 6.1 to run it.

It needs more work because so far it only works for that particular sentence structure. But it's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home