Tuesday, April 26, 2005

my blog stats

By using the feedburner service I now know how many hits my blog gets each day, 19 hits in the past 24 hours.

It does make a big difference, for me, if I know that a few people are visiting, otherwise you can get a feeling of just writing into a vacuum.

It would be the same for students at school, they feel a lot if better when they are getting some attention. That's behaviourism in action.

I've also noticed a change in myself, now that I am a blogger, that I feel more inclined to leave a message at someone elses blog than I used to be. Or to let another blogger know in some way that I've been to their site and read something interesting there.

As Jay Rosen said
In the weblog world every reader is actually a writer, and you write not so much for "the reader" but for other writers. So every reader is a writer, yes, but every writer is also a reader of other weblog writers - €”or better be

btw if you want to subscribe to my blog through an aggregator then use the new feedburner URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/BillKerr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home