Tuesday, April 26, 2005

creative commons

The Creative Commons License which I've added to this blog and my website does still allow you to rip, mix and learn from anything I write here but it does legally stop anyone from stealing my work and making a profit from it.

I've been reading Lawrence Lessig's book Free Culture. Lessig is one of the people who started Creative Commons.

From reading Lessig's book I've become much more aware that there is a tremendous struggle going on about the future of freedom in the age of the internet.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Attribution. You must give the original author credit

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to add this tagging to the resources upload to the VITTA subject assoction website when I figured out that most teachers considered that stuff that they uploaded was copyleft.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home