Sunday, April 16, 2006

computer game about Africa

I am looking for people to help me make an educational computer game about Africa.

With the recent arrival of many African refugees in Australia this project could have a topical, humanitarian and political significance. It could also be fun. One of my goals at the outset is to do this as part of a group.

You may not be a programmer but can still help at the generation of ideas, design, sprites, music selection, testing and evaluation stages. If you are a programmer then you can either help me program it in Game Maker or consider another implementation in your preferred language.

Preliminary thoughts are here

I am very much in the initial stages, it seems appropriate to invite others to join a group at the start.

email: billkerr at gmail dot com

Send me email or leave a comment if you are interested in helping. I will be setting up a wiki for this project soon.

--
Bill Kerr
http://billkerr.blogspot.com/
http://beam.to/billkerr
skype: billkerr2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Bill,
Have you seen President for a Day? http://www.damaris.org/p4d/ It's a simulation type thing aimed at secondary school students.
I've seen it in action, and though it seems to have religious links, it didn't strike me as being overly religious; though I've an idea that it has been updated since I first saw it.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Bill Kerr said...

hi emma,

president for a day is an interesting link, no I hadn't seen it

I'll try to check that out in more detail because even though that sort of game might be too sophisticated for me to emulate it could still be very helpful wrt my new job

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home