Monday, May 16, 2005

ironic sig

I like the reflective irony of Campbell Menzie's new sig, recently noticed on an IT teacher's list:
The Internet's a mirror of our society and if you don't like what you see in the mirror, you don't fix the mirror you fix the thing that's reflected
- Vint Cerf (TCP/IP co-creator)
I face that problem every morning when I shave - Campbell

Campbell teaches both English and IT and it shows.

This inspired me to reread the final chapter ('Hope') of David Weinberger's Small Pieces Loosely Joined: a unified theory of the web. Which reminds me, that I intend to review that book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Hi Bill - I just finished Small Pieces yesterday, and was quite inspired. One of the many memorable quotes: "The Web works because it's broken." (p 83)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Bill Kerr said...

http://jonaquino.blogspot.com/

thanks jonathon, I read your profile and found your blog, well, one of them :-)

I like your email a random contact philosophy, quite profound when I think about it

mmm ... now you've made me reread part of weinberger's perfection chapter, that brings my review one step closer!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home