Tuesday, December 27, 2005

finding those who link to me

How to find out who has linked to you from another blog (called backlinks).

I enabled the "Links to this post button" by following the procedure in blogger help. These links end up at the bottom of Comments but I am not notified of them.

To obtain notification through a RSS feed, first go to http://search.blogger.com/

Then type in: link:billkerr.blogspot.com

This searches my whole blog and spits out who has linked to me.

I found out that plakboek had linked to me 4 times, wara once and steve in the UK once.

I then scrolled to the bottom of the http://search.blogger.com/ page and subscribed to an RSS feed so that I'll be aware of new, future links.

I notice that ecmanaut has tweaked the interface to make the Pages linking to his posts appear on the same page as the original blog. Not sure how he has done this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johan Sundström said...

That's Blogger's Backlinks feature. I use a custom crafted variant that allows me to include them on all of my pages; Blogger's own only work on post pages.

I think Jasper's take on backlinks does the same.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home