Monday, January 09, 2006

why do I need a website anymore?

Since February 2005 I have been blogging, so why do I need to continue with my website? There are a few reasons.

My day job is teaching at a secondary school. My website is for educational materials, usually mine but sometimes in collaboration with others (Tony, Al).

It's for longer, more substantial articles that I write, to keep them in one place.

It's for providing an overview of the Game Maker community in Australia and things I contribute to that community.

It's a place where I can practice my CSS, XHTML, JavaScript and graphics skills and publish exemplars about that too. Even though it's time consuming I like to retain the ability to handcraft this website, to try to make it look good or whatever.

My website is for keeping more substantial things in one place. This blog is a combination of works in progress and on line diary, stuff that happens, which might lead somewhere or not.
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home